Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July in Alpine

Cole & I drove up to Alpine, Arizona after work on Thursday afternoon. Alpine is about 1 hour northeast of Pinetop & 6 miles from the New Mexico border. It took us a little over 4 hours to get to Alpine. Cole's grandparents have a cabin in Alpine. Liz & Rachel drove down from Colorado & stayed with Marion & Warren. Cole's parents rented a house for all of us to stay in. When I say all of us - I mean Russ, Beth, Kyle, Heidi, Zach, Daniella, Casey, Cole, & me! The house was over 4,000 square feet & located in the middle of town. It was nice to have enough space for everyone. Thank you Russ & Beth!

Russ, Beth, & Cole enjoying the rental.
Heidi & Rachel checking out the animals. There were horses, cows, & lambs right in the back yard! At one point, one of the cows got out of the fence & we had to call the owner to get him back in.
Cole & I enjoying the cool weather! It rained every afternoon. I am not a big fan of rain, but it was a nice change & I had an umbrella!
Playing pictionary with the family. The game was lots of fun & ended up being a wonderful way to enjoy the rainy day.
Checking out the local tavern. It was just a short walk from our rental. Casey & I got coffee from the local shop & checked out the Lollipop Shop!
Beth, Rachel, & Daniella enjoying dinner at Marion & Warren's cabin. Marion & Warren were wonderful hosts. Thank you guys!
Enjoying smores on the campfire! What a yummy treat!
A family photo while we watched the 4th of July parade in town. Marion was taking this picture & Casey was on her way.
The parade. Happy 4th of July!
Daniella picking up some candy. During the parade, the people on the floats threw out candy to the crowd!

Marion & Warren at the Wild Animal Feast at a home in Tal-Wi-Wi. There was fresh Halibut from Alaska, wild turkey, beef brisket, & much more! Heidi made a wonderful berry truffle for dessert. All of the food was wonderful!

Cole, Casey, & I drove home after the feast. Cole is working today & Casey's summer school class starts Monday. We wish we could have stayed throughout the weekend, but enjoyed the time we had away. I don't go back to work until Tuesday, so I am enjoying my time at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment