Sunday, July 12, 2009

Saturday

The 1st Annual Trach Education Fair was great! The Cohen Conference Room at PCH was full of vendors. About 20 families/100 people attended. Not bad for the 1st year! Deb (Trach Social Worker) & I shared a table. The focus was on the entire family. We provided info on preventing care giver burnout, supporting the siblings, & relaxation techniques. We even raffled off a facial & restaurant gift cards! Dudley the Dinosaur (the PCH mascot) & Face Painting were a big hit with the kids! Thank you Theresa & Larry for all of your help! We had complimentary chair massages, which I had to take advantage of. It sure felt good! Breakfast & Lunch were provided. Lots of yummy food! We put on a great event!

Kristen, Deb, & me

Last night Sommer slept over. Cole, Sommer, & I saw My Sister's Keeper. It was a very well made movie. The movie captured how childhood cancer effects the entire family. Sad stuff!

Today, has been a rough day. I started the day with a broken computer & nothing has gone right sense. I'm hoping the day turns around from here. Praying for a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment