Saturday, July 25, 2009

Friday & Saturday

Patch's surgery went well & he came home Friday evening. As expected he was tired when we got home. He didn't even make it into the living room.
He's so cute! Poor guy.
Patch's new tail. The tail ended up being a more complicated procedure than we anticipated. They usually cut the tail at a joint, but cutting at the usually spot would have either been too high up or too low, not providing the desired result. The vet ended up having to use a special tool to fix the tail. It hurts me just looking at it! I'm sure that after the stitches come out & the hair grows back, it will look & feel much better :)
Here is a picture of where the mole was removed. The mole was sent for a biopsy. The vet doesn't seem too worried. Apparently, growth on the paws or mouth is more risky. I pray that the results come back negative!
Last night, Cole & I went to The Parlor for dinner with Kyle, Heidi, & their friends to celebrate their engagement!!! The Parlor is near the Biltmore in Phoenix & has wonderful pizza! We will definately be come back soon. My mom watched Patch for us. She is the best!
Patch wasn't ready to use the stairs last night, so Cole slept on the couch to keep an eye on him. Patch was feeling a little better today. He even made it upstairs with us this evening. He is suppose to wear a cone to keep him for licking his incisions. Cole bought him an extra comfortable cone from Petco, but we haven't used it yet. He hasn't been licking & I can't bring myself to force him to wear it. I'm thinking we'll have to use it when I go to work on Monday. Poor Patchy-Pooh! I can't wait until he gets his stitches out. 2 weeks & counting :)
Cole & I saw WICKED this afternoon at Gammage. The show was wonderful! It reminds me of watching the Wizard of Oz as a child. In elementary school, I dressed up as Dorothy for Halloween one year :) Fun times! The Phantom of the Opera is next on my list...

No comments:

Post a Comment