Friday, July 4, 2014

Pregnancy Update

27.5 weeks now, so playing a bit of catch up...

This was an exciting baby month! We had another ultrasound, our babies were healthy, and we found out we were having a boy and a girl!! I started to swell a bit and also started having some groin pain after Disneyland. Turns out I have a hernia, no fun! To help with the extra weight and the hernia, I wear a belly belt. It works great! I also wear tennis shoes every day and swim when I can to help with the swelling.

This ultrasound pic was taken just shy of 25 weeks. The babies were growing right on track. Jaeb was 1lb 12oz and Cloe was 1lb 10oz. Both babies were also head down. This mama is hoping they stay that way! I didn't get any great pics, but liked this one since they were both in it :) Still can't believe we are having two! I did get some bad news, my cervix is starting to shorten. It was 40 at 20 weeks and down to 34 at this ultrasound. Luckily still in normal range though.

Two days after this ultrasound, I ended up in OB triage. I started having contractions. Luckily they were irregular and not affecting my cervix. They do get worse by evening though, so I have been trying to take it easy. Cole and my mom are a big help with Page and around the house and Jenna has been going to the grocery store with me on Saturdays. We continue to do things but in moderation and I avoid lifting and bending as much as possible. I now see Dr. Linnerson every two weeks and have ultrasounds monthly. Praying I can maintain as I am now for a while and avoid bed rest if possible, but most of all I hope these babies can keep growing until September!

The nursery is just about done, thanks to Daddy painting and Grammy doing the tree! I just love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment