Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pregnancy Update


Here is my 16 week belly pic. I had an extra visit with Dr. Linnerson at 15 weeks. I had quite a bit of pressure all weekend which I never felt with Page. Fortunately, my exam went well. He explained that with a second/twin pregnancy, the babies are lower so I will feel more pressure this pregnancy. I did end up having a bladder infection (with no symptoms) that was likely contributing. I was treated with antibiotics for GBS and will now need antibiotics when I deliver. I have been trying to take it easy and not lift Page as I only notice the pressure in the evenings if I have been on my feet all day. I also have some acid reflux that is to be expected during pregnancy ;)

I am 17.5 weeks now. Saw Dr. Linnerson this past week and did some routine blood work to test for spina bifida. Everything looks good. I will have my next ultrasound Thursday, May 15th and we are excited to find out if we are having boys, girls, or both! Crib #2 and dresser #2 arrived this week. We are trying to get things prepared as soon as we can since bed rest is very common with twins. Exciting times at the Hickman house!

No comments:

Post a Comment