Sunday, March 30, 2014

We're Having Twins...

Page has some exciting news...


That's right, we're having twins! It was quite the surprise! Page liked her big sister shirt and the special books but doesn't really understand. Maybe as my belly grows it will make a little more sense :) We are excited but also nervous about having two babies at once! There is lots to be done before the babies arrive and we will definitely need help when they get here. The babies are growing right on track and look as healthy as can be! 

A few pictures from the journey so far...

 
This is not even one month of IVF meds! I knew IVF would be harder than the IUI procedures we had done, but had no idea what was involved. Ultra sounds and blood work every other day, about 4 shots a night, an egg retrieval under general anesthesia with bed rest, an embryo transfer with bed rest, and about a month of abdominal discomfort. It was not easy, actually it was very difficult and I'm not sure I could do it again. I can't really complain though because it worked...even better than expected! I also learned a lot a long the way. I was reminded that I am not in control, to count my blessings and appreciate what I have, the importance of patience, and what a miracle babies are. I know that these lessons will make this pregnancy and the journey ahead a little easier.   

Egg Retrieval Day - 13 Eggs Retrieved
 
Our 2 Little Embryos (day 5) - Transferred 2 of 5 Embryos

Post-Transfer Meds...just a few to start ;)




 
 
 

I will see Dr. Linnerson again at 17 weeks and have the next ultrasound at 20 weeks. After 24 weeks, the appointments and ultrasounds will become more and more frequent. We are hoping for 38 weeks, but most twins arrive between 36-37 weeks. We are praying for a safe pregnancy/delivery and two healthy babies. Please keep us in your prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment