Tuesday, July 24, 2012

No More Breast Feeding...

Page has weaned herself over the last few months. At 9 months, she decided she only wanted to breast feed before naps & at night. This month Page decided she would only breast feed in the middle of the night. When this started, we began to transition Page to whole cow milk & recently started to transition to PediaSure. This month Page would go to bed between 7-7:30 & then wake up between 3:30-4 to breast feed. Three days ago I decided to start offering Page a bottle when she woke up between 3:30-4. I didn't want to but thought it would be best for her to get as many calories as possible. The first two nights Page only drank 2.5oz of milk & then breast feed. Last night she drank the whole bottle & went right to sleep without breast feeding. It was a sad milestone for mommy. I have so enjoyed breast feeding my baby girl & will miss all the snuggle time. I feel so blessed to have had such a special experience over the last year. I write this blog post to always remember moments like these...

No comments:

Post a Comment