Wednesday, July 18, 2012

GI Appointment

Page had a GI appointment with Dr McOmber today. Page weighed 16lbs 4oz & she is back on the chart! However, she is still smaller than she should be for her height. Dr McOmber wants Page to get 800 calories a day. Her diet will include Pediasure & a high fat diet. We will follow up for a weight check in a month & see Dr McOmber again in 3 months. We are going to hold off on transitioning to a cup for now. Dr McOmber isn't opposed to Page participating in some physical activity which I am excited about. She is such a fun, active girl & I'm planning to sign her up for some activities in the fall. She will love the socialization!

On a related topic, Page decided a couple weeks ago that she is done breast feeding during the day. The last two weeks we have been slowly transitioning to whole cow milk. Page did great & has been drinking only cow milk out of her bottle for the past two days. She does breast feed once at night still. Ironically, I hope that continues for a while. It makes me a little sad that my baby is growing up. I suppose the transition to whole milk will make the transition to Pediasure easier. I hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment